Support & Emergency Grants
The NOMV Support Grant Program is now accepting applications!
We are pleased to announce that NOMV’s Support Grants program has resumed accepting applications. Due to ongoing high demand, the program is reopening in incremental stages to ensure we are able to continue operating at a sustainable rate for the remainder of the year.
Currently, we are accepting applications for the following qualified expenses:
- Housing (primary residence or shelter).
- Grocery bills (self, spouse, and human dependents)
The foundational goal of this program is to improve mental health outcomes for veterinary professionals by helping to meet applicants’ basic needs through direct financial assistance and resources. We will continue to strive to meet the needs of veterinary professionals in crisis with financial grants as well as providing access to additional resources through partner nonprofits and companies who donate their services to all grant applicants.
Applying for a grant on our new grants portal is as quick and simple as 1—2—3.
- Click Sign In to access your existing account. If you are a new user, click Sign Up to create a new account.
- Review our Funding Programs for current opportunities.
- Select a Funding Program to learn about the program’s requirements, then click Apply to start your application.
Grant applications will take approximately 15-30 minutes to complete. This portal is where applicants will be able to track their application’s progress from the time they hit submit until the voting body reaches a decision on their grant. This process takes approximately 5-10 business days.
NOMV is a public charity and we have limited donated funds for this program, therefore not all applicants will receive financial assistance and not all grantees will receive their full requested amounts, but the program also provides additional, non-financial resources whenever possible.
Requirements for all grant recipients include, but are not limited to: proof of payment to the approved expense/vendor, a third-party ID verification, and employment/enrollment verification.
The NOMV Resource Program provides resources and/or financial support in three main ways.
- Support Grants are for individuals who are working or have worked in the veterinary field in the last six months or to veterinary students who are currently enrolled in a veterinary or veterinary technician program who are going through a crisis;
- Emergency Grants are for veterinary practices who are struggling to remain open or reopen during or after a natural disaster;
- NOMV’s List is a searchable database of peer-recommended resources that have been vetted by mental health professionals.
We understand that being in crisis can elicit heightened states of emotion. However, we believe in mutual respect and do not tolerate the abuse of NOMV staff or volunteers under any circumstances. NOMV staff and volunteers are held to a code of conduct, and we expect those we interact with to also be held to the same standards of kindness and mutual respect. We will not tolerate verbal or written communications that are disrespectful, blaming, shaming, guilting, or otherwise intended to harm the recipient. Anyone who participates in these activities is subject to removal of their application and/or award and will be barred from future opportunities to apply to the program. Additionally, applicants that attempt to utilize their relationship with NOMV staff or volunteers in order to bypass the application and award process will be denied a grant. Let’s support each other with compassion, kindness, patience, and recognition that each person is doing their best.
Have questions? Reach out to us directly at email@example.com.