This list was created by gathering peer recommendations and utilizing additional researched sources. You are receiving recommendations from fellow veterinary professionals about resources in their area that they use/like. Resources may change over time, or your experience with the resource may be different from that of the recommender. In no way are any of the recommendations officially endorsed by NOMV. NOMV is simply making these known resources available. Any issues or red flags with listed resources should be addressed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
This database is:
- Peer suggested resources
- Vetted by volunteer mental health professionals
- Evolving – new resources are added as they become available
The database is not:
- Comprehensive (listing all resources everywhere)
- Created by mental health professionals
- An endorsement of any of these resources by NOMV
If you are a veterinary professional that would like to add additional resources to this list, please submit the resource for review.
Clients are able to stay at our facility for 14 days and will receive 3 meals a day, case management services, access to Medication Assisted…
- Location: USA>Utah>Salt Lake City
- Restrictions: Only men
The W.O.M.A.N., Inc. 24-hour support line offers support via peer counseling, safety planning, and referrals for needed resources. Very often our support line is used…
- Location: USA>California>Oakland
Over 50 years Walk-In has provided free mental health counseling to thousands with issues of depression, anxiety, chemical abuse/dependency, trauma, domestic violence and other emotional…
- Location: USA>Minnesota>Minneapolis
Telephone line staffed by individuals with lived experience who provide nonjudgemental, nondirective support to an individual experiencing a crisis.
- Location: United States > Iowa
2-1-1 helps connect you to community resources statewide.
- Location: USA>Washington
One stop shop for domestic violence, stalking, and sexual assault survivors. Legal aid, counseling, orders of protection, supportive staff, victim advocates, SART, human trafficking advocate…
- Location: United States>Tennessee
Services for LGBTQ members and families
- Location: USA>Texas>Austin
- Restrictions: LGBTQIA+
WEAVE’s mission is to promote safe and healthy relationships and support survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence and sex trafficking.
- Location: USA>California>Sacramento
Provides a safe and welcoming environment 24/7 to men, women, and families experiencing homelessness. An outreach team provides help with services such as Medicaid and…
- Location: USA>New Mexico>Albuquerque
- Restrictions: 14-day quarantine required before admittance for people coming from outside Albuquerque