This list was created by gathering peer recommendations and utilizing additional researched sources. You are receiving recommendations from fellow veterinary professionals about resources in their area that they use/like. Resources may change over time, or your experience with the resource may be different from that of the recommender. In no way are any of the recommendations officially endorsed by NOMV. NOMV is simply making these known resources available. Any issues or red flags with listed resources should be addressed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
This database is:
- Peer suggested resources
- Vetted by volunteer mental health professionals
- Evolving – new resources are added as they become available
The database is not:
- Comprehensive (listing all resources everywhere)
- Created by mental health professionals
- An endorsement of any of these resources by NOMV
If you are a veterinary professional that would like to add additional resources to this list, please submit the resource for review.
24/7 crisis support
- Location: USA>California>San Diego
The Sexual Assault Response Center (SARC) provides comprehensive, free and confidential rape crisis services to sexual assault survivors and domestic violence survivors aged 12 and…
- Location: USA>Delaware
24/7 crisis line Hawaii: (808) 935-0677 Maui: (808) 873-8624 Moloka‘i: (808) 495-3340 Lana‘i: 1 (866) 443-5702 Oahu: (808) 524-7273 Kauai: (808) 245-4144
- Location: USA>Hawaii>Honolulu
YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley Crisis Intervention team serves as the first point of contact for survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking….
- Location: USA>California>San Jose
Supports families affected by domestic violence by providing safe shelter, therapy, advocacy, and on-going support. 24/7 domestic violence crisis hotline.
- Location: USA>California>Sonoma County
- Location: USA>Michigan>Grand Rapids
YWCA Interim House, a program of the YWCA of Metropolitan Detroit, first opened its doors in 1979, becoming one of the first and largest shelters…
- Location: USA>Michigan>Detroit
Zhaawanong Shelter provides emergency shelter and support for Indigenous women and their children who are at risk of violence, abuse and/or homelessness.
- Location: Canada>Ontario>London
- Restrictions: Indigenous women and their children who are at risk of violence, abuse and/or homelessness